I will never get tired of this picture
From: Satya Nadella
To: All Employees
Last week I synthesized strategic the journey, the organization culture ambitions moving forward. focusing our innovation investments. our ambitions realign workforce. With this in mind, toward synergies and strategic alignment jobs will be eliminated in the most thoughtful and transparent way possible.
Our workforce reductions are mainly driven by two outcomes: integration synergies and strategic alignment.
First, we will become more agile and move faster. modernizing our engineering processes the expectations, layers of management, both top down and sideways, to accelerate the flow of information and decision making. flattening organizations and increasing the span of control. our business processes and support models lean and efficient with greater trust. impactful teams across Microsoft.
the synergies, breakthrough innovation and digital life experiences. we plan to shift select Nokia X product designs to Lumia products running Windows. This builds on our success and aligns with our focus.
decisions are difficult, but necessary. take steps forward in evolving our organization and culture.
Some words removed for brevity
the cutest thing ever
it would be cuter if i could pronounce it
where are the vowels
If it’s anything like how “cwm” is pronounced (koom, meaning “mountain hollow”) then I approve.
C’mere baby, gimme summa dat cwtch.
covered harper’s bazaar germany this month - wearing my best friend’s sweatshirt which is my most treasured possession
if that jumper says “duffer”, then yes I completely understand why you’d wear the best thing ever on the covers of magazines
A man just walked past me and said “excuse me, but you look very nice tonight darlin” I said thank you and he said you’re welcome and walked off. And that is how you compliment a woman without harassing them
No, that is still unsolicited, and thus, harassment. No amount of “darlins” is gonna make me not want to punch your ass for coming on to me without provocation.
UR SO STUPID
emeralddragoness have you considered trying hobbies other than being an unsufferable cunt on the internet.
for everyone’s sake i would suggest you do so.
Sometimes I feel like I need two totally separate tumblrs for following completely different shit & anonymity or maybe I gotta unfollow everyone and start over or probably I should just get up already instead of sitting in bed on my phone all morning delaying the inevitable
- OSX becoming iPad-like: kinda. The “zoom” is becoming a “fullscreen” button to encourage one-app-at-a-time, but it looks like Launchpad/Expose will remain the same.
- iOS/iCloud: photos sync, yes. All your photos live in the cloud now and “exist everywhere”. Other apps, yes, with “Handoff”, works with SMS messages, TextEdit and Preview. Basically extending Safari’s “Open tabs” to other Apple apps, to share app data in real time.
- The above is a precursor to being able to log into any device and have everything just as you left it, but we’re not there yet.
- HealthKit, which we knew was happening, but we’ll have to wait for later in the year to spy devices.
- No fancy new “apps on-demand”, no storage boost despite iCloud Drive ($20/year for 15GB, or Google Drive offers $24/year for 100GB — they’re charging for the service, not the storage)
- HomeKit landed! Home automation, for what it’s worth, here we come. All I want is to be able to bark bleary-eyed orders at Siri to make me coffee.
- No death of iTunes. They’re really just riding it out into obscurity.
Strangely iOS was the focus of this one, even though we had high expectations for OSX. Some iOS APIs may trickle sideways into OSX later, but it’s really becoming a second-class citizen.
Do not fall in love with people like me. I will not take you anywhere.
Love is like breathing. If someone told you, “I only breathe when I am with you, and the rest of the time I don’t breathe”, then you wouldn’t believe him. How could you believe him? He would be dead, if he didn’t breathe without you. Love is the breath of your soul.
Love is like breathing. If someone told you, “I only breathe when I am with you, and the rest of the time I don’t breathe”, then you wouldn’t believe him. How could you believe him? He would be dead, if he didn’t breathe without you.
Love is the breath of your soul.